Followers

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

How to Use Wish in English | I Wish / If Only


How to Use Wish in English | I Wish / If Only 2

I Wish/ If Only

If only means I wish. We use I wish… and If only… when we regret something or when we would like something to be different than the way it is. If only is usually stronger than I wish.
Examples:
  • I wish I could fly. = If only I could fly.
  • I wish they would stop fighting. = If only they would stop fighting.
After I wish and If only we can say were/weren’t instead of was/wasn’t.

Learn How to Use the Verb Wish in English.
When we want to express a wish/desire in English for a situation to be different to what it actually is then it is very common to use the verb “to wish”. This verb can be used in different tenses depending on what we desire or desired to be different.


0 comments: